Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dearest rylee Lorraine,

Today is father's day. This is my second father's day without my daddy. He was my best friend while I was growing up, so in honor of him I'm going to tell you some of my favorite memories.

When I was little I was in take kwon do. To practice, my day and I would suit up in sparring gear and go into the front yard to battle. It would always be in the afternoon, and I was always terrified. It was so much fun, but my dad was a huge guy and I was kinda little.

Once I remember crawling around on the floor. I was really tired but my mind was racing. My dad was sitting on the recliner half dozing off. I asked him, 'how do you fall asleep when your brain is going crazy?' He said, focus on one thing over and over and eventually you'll fall asleep.

So I thought about ice cream.

I love you forever baby girl,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment